I have formed a uniquely bad habit. I miss Olympic parties on a hemispheric scale. I was in London when Sydney was dazzling the world with the best Olympics of the modern era and I am in Sydney while London ups the ante. I blame my Aussie mrs for these misses. She seduced me to stay in London in 2000 when I’d had every intention of enjoying the Sydney party and brought me to live here recently when I was gearing up for the 2012 knees-up in London’s East End where I not only lived but where I’d spent much of the previous fifteen years working for the renewal of East London, helping to bring the Olympics there along the way. It’s all about timing at this level.
- HS2 environmental statement consultation launched
- Pickles approves 300 Leicestershire homes
- Plans for 510-home Yorkshire scheme rejected
- High Court rejects London-Oxford rail link challenge
- Report identifies need for 93,000 homes in Cambridgeshire by 2031
- Trump alleges human rights breach over Aberdeenshire wind farm approval
- Go-ahead for south London energy-from-waste plant
- Major infrastructure projects hit by series of judicial review challenges
- Reforms will boost use of prior approval system
- Fresh housing assessment to delay joint core strategy
- Gareth E on Wales! Wales?: parts of my homeland are now poorer than Romania….
- Francis Iszatt on Wales! Wales?: parts of my homeland are now poorer than Romania….
- John Walls on Wales! Wales?: parts of my homeland are now poorer than Romania….
- Alan Stanton on Sydney needs a new planning system – and effective governance
- Toni McKenzie on Sydney needs a new planning system – and effective governance
Tag Cloudacademies Alicia Keys Andrew Stunell Australia baby bonds banking banking system Bank of England benefits big society bonds Boris Johnson borrowing branding Britishness Comprehensive Spending Review Decent Homes east London fair games George Osborne HCA Homes & Communities Agency housing supply inequality lifetime tenancies Locog National Regeneration Summit Neets New Labour Nick Clegg north-south divide Olympic Games Olympic legacy quantitative easing recession regeneration Regional Growth Fund social exclusion social housing social mobility Tower Hamlets Treasury Uncategorized welfare reform worklessness